A comprehensive rate increase can be executed with a single action for:
- all your services
- all services within the same category
How to proceed:
- Select Catalog / Service list or Product list.
- Choose the category you want to modify the price of its products.
- You can also apply this increase to all categories.
- You also have the option to apply this percentage increase to price variations.
If you wish to generate all invoices for a client over a specific period (for instance, if you work with breeders or shelters and provide them with their invoices once a month…),
- Click on « finances« / « visits to be invoiced«
- Enter the relevant period and the client’s name in the “search” field.
- Check the boxes of the invoices you want to create.
- You then have 2 options:
- If you click on « Generate invoices« , one invoice per visit will be generated (in this example, the creation of 8 separate invoices)
- If you check the box « one invoice per client » before clicking « Generate invoices« , a single invoice combining the different visits that have not been invoiced yet for a client will be generated (in this example, a single invoice combining the visits from 01/01/23 and 31/12/23 will be generated for the client Lucille Portrat).
You can generate labels for attaching to your display racks (such as those for pet food, for instance).
- Start by configuring the size of your labels in Settings / Application Settings / Labels.
- Be sure to include the margins of the label sheet and any spacing between
- You can also specify whether you want to display the product reference, its price excluding taxes or including taxes, etc.
- To print these stand labels, go to Catalog / Product List.
- Specify if you want a particular category or registry.
- Check the boxes of the products you want to print a display label, then click the ‘x stand label(s)‘ button « x being the number of products you selected« .
- Remember to select the printer designated for your labels if you have multiple printers based on the type of documents to be printed.
Voici comment ajouter des conseils, des modèles prés établis, des conduites à tenir, des informations utiles sur le bas d’une ordonnance.
- Ouvrez le menu « Paramètres/Modèles ordonnances » et cliquez sur le bouton « Nouveau » ou modifiez un modèle existant
- Pour cet exemple, on crée un modèle pour les ordonnances ne contenant que des des médicaments à récupérer en pharmacie humaine.
On ajoute :
- le titre : pour cet exemple, on ajoute « Médicaments en pharmacie »
- un code
- le commentaire : pour cet exemple, on ajoute la phrase « Les médicaments prescrits sur cette ordonnance sont à retirer en pharmacie humaine ».
- Dans la visite, après avoir ajouté les produits dans le panier, cliquez sur le bouton « Ordonnances » et validez les produits que vous voir sur l’ordonnance
- puis sélectionner le modèle que vous avez créé qui vous intéresse (ici, « Médicaments en pharmacie » )
- Vous pourrez ensuite imprimer et/ou envoyer cette ordonnance par email à votre propriétaire.
During the initial consultation of an animal, the clinic where the visit took place and the veterinarian who conducted the visit will be added to the animal record and the owner’s record as the reference clinic and attending veterinarian.
Here, the animal was visited at the ‘clinique du bonheur’ and was attended for its first visit by Dr. Portrat, who was recorded as its attending veterinarian.
- You can modify these details if needed in the animal record / edit / ‘Attending clinic‘ and ‘Attending vet‘ fields, then save
- And in the client record / edit / ‘Attending Clinic‘ and ‘Attending vet‘ fields, then save
If some of your products do not have barcodes (for example: toys, leashes with no barcode, or products you make yourself), you can request to create a random barcode for that product.
- Click on Catalog, then Product List.
- Open the product template and click on Generate Product Code.
- A product code will be generated immediately.
- If you print ‘stand’ labels or ‘product’ labels for this product, a barcode will now be included.
- This barcode will then be recognizable by your scanner or barcode reader, allowing you to add this product to an invoice for a visit or sale. »
Just like with recorded invoices, you cannot delete a credit note once it has been closed.
However, you can correct it using an invoice (similar to how you would correct an erroneously issued invoice with a credit note).
- Example: Mr. Cranston has a credit note of $12 for prescription fees.
This credit note was created by mistake and you want to delete it.
- You will generate a credit note cancellation invoice through a new visit with the same act (service), along with the reason for creating this consultation line.
- Now you have an outstanding balance of $12 as well as a credit note of the same amount.
- All that is left is to record a payment with the ‘credit note’ payment method.
- This way, the client’s balance is back to $0, he no longer has outstanding balances or credit notes (since the credit note has been cleared by the previously generated invoice), and there will be no duplicate VAT entries in the accounting.
Lorsque vous voulez effectuer le règlement d’une visite, il est possible de faire apparaître un mode de règlement par défaut dans la case « Mode »
Dans l’exemple de la capture ci-dessous, le mode de paiement par défaut est par Carte Bancaire
Nous vous rappelons que vous pouvez créer de nouveaux modes de règlements dans Paramètres/Modes de paiement puis, en cliquant sur le bouton « Nouveau »
Cette vidéo vous indique comment paramétrer ce mode de paiement par défaut.
- Simply select the trash icon at the end of the line associated with that refund
- The amount associated with this refund is now available as credit in the customer’s account.
It is now easier to generate a report containing your medical examination directly from your visit.
Here is how to do it :
- When you have finished writing your medical examination, click on the “Save” button
- The new « Generate a report » button appears:
- This functionality allows you to generate a report based on the previously filled medical examination.
Caution: Using a template in this situation may overwrite your existing medical examination.
→ Do not use a report template if you have not integrated the merge field « (medical examination) ». In that case, the template would replace your medical examination, and you would need to start the report again.
→ You can use a report template if the merge field « (medical examination) » is present. Then, your medical examination will be inserted, at the desired and configured location, into the report template.
Before saving, you can print, create a PDF, or send your report via email to your client.
- Upon saving the report, it will be automatically stored in the « Reports » tab located on the right side of the screen. »
Comme pour les factures enregistrées, je ne peux pas supprimer un avoir une fois qu’il a été clôturé.
En revanche, je peux le corriger à l’aide d’une facture (tout comme je vais corriger une facture éditée par erreur à l’aide d’un avoir)
Exemple : Mr. Weasley a un avoir de 11€ pour des frais de prescriptions.
Cet avoir a été créé par erreur et je souhaite le supprimer.
Je vais générer une facture d’annulation d’avoir via une nouvelle visite avec ce même acte, et le motif de la création de cette ligne de consultation
J’ai à présent un « impayé » de 11€ ainsi que l’avoir du même montant.
Il suffit maintenant d’enregistrer un règlement avec le mode de paiement « avoir »
De cette façon le solde du client est de nouveau à 0€, le client n’a plus d’impayés ni d’avoirs (puisque l’avoir a été soldé par la facture générée précédemment) et il n’y aura pas de doublon de TVA dans la comptabilité.
When a debit or a credit is imported in Vetup from a previous Software the total amount is displayed on the right top corner of the client file.
If It’s a debit it is displayed in red and if it’s a credit, in green.
If the Balance displays 0, it means the client is not concerned or that debit or credit has already been recovered/used.
When facing a debit and if you want to recover it partially or totally please follow the steps below.
When facing a credit and if you want to use it partially or totally, please follow the steps below
When balance is 0 do not use “Client AR Balance from Previous Software” medical service
and DO NOT CHECK the checkbox below for any medical service or product details
Depending on the date of birth, the puppy or kitten will be considered directly growing, or you will have to choose between “Still growing” and “Fully grown” (which means not only adult size is reached, but also muscle mass development is terminated).
For a growing puppy or kitten, you will need to answer the question « What is the estimated adult weight? »
You can use the optimal weight (not too fat or too thin) of the mother for a female, or the father for a male.
If you don’t have the parent’s weight, use the low (or middle) value of the breed standard. With some exceptions, do not use the highest value to avoid overweight, that is much more harmful than a slightly light weight.
Choose the type of food (fresh food, commercial or half-half), then the commercial foods you want (this choice is always yours) or ingredients (for human grade ingredients, you may choose among the list of options offered), dairy and up to 2 treats (for on-manufactured treats, you may choose an amount among the list of options offered).
The final recipe will consider all selected choices, propose the amounts and include the additional ingredients such as Vit’i5 and canola oil when necessary.
- For puppies : Growth is a demanding period which lasts all the longer the larger the dog. It is recommended to re-apply for a recipe every month until peak growth (between 4 and 8 months depending on breed format), then at least every second month after peak growth, and until adulthood. A new recipe shall be ordered if characteristics of the puppy changes, especially in case of neutering,….
- My Follow-up Advice : schedule a consultation appointment one month after the first recipe, then a visit to weigh and recalculate the recipe each month until the peak of growth, then at least once before adulthood.
- For kittens : The growth of the cat is more linear, but it is commonly neutered before adulthood, with access to the outside once sterilized, which justifies a new recipe request.
Once the optimal adult weight has been reached: order a new recipe for a healthy adult…
- My Follow-up Advice : schedule a consultation appointment one month after the first recipe, then a visit to weigh and recalculate the recipe every second month until the peak of growth, then at least once before adulthood. Depending on the breed, the recipe may not change much with time during growth, this is normal.
- For puppies and kittens
- My nutrition advice : Even if you castrate the puppy or kitten before the end of growth, do not indicate that growth is terminated: VET-NUTRITION allows to obtain recipes taking into account neutering and growth. If you do not know which petfood to choose, either stay with petfood for growth, or you can offer a half and half option, with petfood for growth and a fresh food part with NO starch…
- Follow-up : read the entire recipe carefully and weight the puppy or kitten, update the body weight (and other information such as neutering if appropriate, change the ad) from the pet’s information on VET-NUTRITION, and order a recipe after each update of the body weight.
- Once Growth is terminated : update information and order a recipe for adult stage once development is over and adult body weight is reached.
Details and tips for ordering a recipe for treating overweight/obesity of a dog or cat
- Ask for a recipe, then it’s up to you to FOLLOW UP…
Let’s go …
- Fill in all the information … Indicate the pet’s current weight, weighed, …
- To the question: “What is the body condition of your animal?”
> indicate “Overweight”
- To the question « What is the optimal weight? » »
> Fill in the OPTIMAL WEIGHT without concession = it is the weight of the animal if it were thin, at optimal body condition score (even if it is not the final weight that you wish to reach): this is what will allow you to propose a good recipe suitable for effective weight loss.
Healthy or sick ?
once you have indicated overweight and an optimal weight, you may choose
- *either tick HEALTHY: this will give you a recipe for treating overweight, with no other condition requiring nutritional adjustment… you will then have to organize the follow-up…
- *or tick SICK, when in addition to weight loss, the dog or cat suffers from another problem which requires a nutritional adjustment (such as osteoarthritis, urolithiasis, etc.): it’s up to you to choose the appropriate situation, in the Obesity AND… (tock the associated disease box): this allows you to obtain a recipe for treating overweight and simultaneously considering the pathological situation indicated … you will then have to organize the follow-up…
Type of food
Depending on the pet owner’s desire, you can choose the type of food (fresh food, commercial or mixed so called “half-half”) and the desired petfood (for commercial or half-half) or ingredients (for fresh food or half-half). Even for an overweight or obese animal, you can add dairy and up to 2 treats, the final recipe will take into account all the choices selected.
read the entire recipe carefully, weigh the animal every month and request a new recipe if the dog or cat is not losing weight as desired or if one of its characteristics changes (lifestyle, activity, …).
Expected weight loss
with recipes for treating overweight, you can expect a loss of 1 to 2% per week, or 4 to 8% per month How to calculate?
Calculate the number of mois to reach optimal BW: between these 2 delays
- minimal = [ (Actual BW – Optimal BW)/Optimal BW ] * 100 / 8
- maximal = [ (Actual BW – Optimal BW)/Optimal BW ] * 100 / 4
Once the optimal weight has been reached: modify the information (actual weight, Optimal), and request a new recipe, to maintain it at its ideal weight.
My follow up advice
plan a consultation appointment one month after the start of the implementation of the treatment for overweight, a call or a visit to weigh every month, and a consultation appointment to switch from a recipe to lose weight to a recipe to stabilize it once the target weight is reached.
My nutrition advice
- if you start with commercial foods, to treat overweight, look for a food designed to treat overweight consider adding a dairy product such as 0% fat natural yogurt, maximum quantity, and TREATS > FRUIT > Zucchini > maximum quantity on the proposed list
- If the appetite is not covered, or the hair is very ugly or muscle wasting appears…, think HALF AND HALF option: with a commercial food to treat overweight, and a fresh food part with NO STARCH, and Zucchini as vegetables
- What delicacy (Cookie/Biscuit/Starch category) to take in your pocket for education or as a reward: Wasa light…very practical!
First ask the pet owner what he wants/can do.
You can thus offer a suitable type of food.
Indicate that the rations are calculated according to the characteristics of the animal, and that not everything is possible for everyone… Choose between a few options offered each time, or even offer several recipes, with different ingredients or different treats.
If you detect a problem with the current food, but the owner does not want to change, prescribe a trial for a limited period of 2 months with a half-half option, using the usual pet food as a base, and, in the homme prepared part, do not add carbohydrates, and finalize the recipe. If this option is not entirely satisfactory, switch to a 100% homemade, home prepared diet, with no carbs.
Home prepared diet =
- consider one hour of preparation per week (plus shopping),
- accept the idea of selected and monitored ingredients including at least Meat, Vit’i5, Rapeseed oil, vegetables, and finally starchy foods, treats
- the part without carbohydrates can be frozen (and thawed in the fridge for the next day), carbohydrates, which contain starch, must be cooked the same day of consumption or for 2 days maximum, and kept in the fridge in the meantime
- distribution of the daily food amount in 2 meals (dog) or 4 meals (cat)
For the holidays
- Switching from a home prepared diet to a mixed diet (half commercial + half household) is usually well accepted
- Switching from a home prepared diet to a canned/wet food requires a one-week transition, a choice of cans adapted to the animal’s situation, and the calculation of the quantity (can be done via VET-NUTRITION)
- Switching from a home prepared diet to only kibble is possible if the dog tolerates starch (always present in the kibble), requires to choose the kibble and calculate the right amount (to be done via VET-NUTRITION), a transition from a week with half-half diet (to avoid digestive problems), and eventually to give the daily amount of kibbles in 2 meals, with plenty of water at each meal. It is possible to add natural yogurt to help digestive comfort during the feeding period with kibble only.
a cat fed a home prepared diet can switch, after a successful transition before departure, to a wet petfood (can/tin/poach), but avoid switching it to kibble, because the risk that it not going to drink enough is real and this could lead to with pathological consequences (overweight if fed ad libitum; urinary troubles if very insufficient watering)
Mixed diet so called half commercial-half household =
Allows the diet to be well adjusted to the individual needs of the animal (my advice is to choose kibble/can the most adapted to the animal’s situation), the home prepared part is proposed and calculated taking into account the commercial foods chosen, the treats, and all singular characteristics of the animal, including in the event of pathology, in order to cover the needs in calories, in proteins, and balanced in micronutrients)
while remaining simpler to prepare and a little less expensive than a totally household ration (if you choose an industrial kibble base)
- consider one hour of preparation per week (plus shopping),
- accept the idea of selected and monitored ingredients, in addition to commercial pet food, include at least Meat, Vit’i5, and vegetables, sometimes Rapeseed oil, depending on the situation, and finally carbohydrates, treats…
- choose the home prepared part without carbs (starch), as then it can be frozen (and thawed in the fridge for the next day), so it’s easier
- distribution of the daily food amount in 2 meals (dog) or 4 meals (cat)
By subscribing to the VET-NUTRITION service via Vetup :
you benefit from unlimited recipes whatever the situation (no coaching available: recipes for growth or overweight treatment are available but without follow-up : it’s up to you to contact the owner each month to order new recipes…)
with VET-NUTRITION FAQ, you have access to video tutorials to use the service, order recipes… (no nutrition support or nutrition monitoring or assistance)
Use email@example.com to contact us
Vet-Nutrition Pro is a clinic subscription available on the Cuisine-a-crocs.com website in Europe, which gives access to
- an unlimited number of recipes and coaching (Coachings includes illimited recipes, monthly emails, graphic follow-up, and guidelines for the follow up in 2 situations: Growth or Treatment of overweight)
- a dedicated email for your questions on clinical nutrition
- clinic training to nutrition consultation by appointment via Zoom (in French)
- support to ensure that you value your subscription
- privileged access to LIVE sessions with Dr Vet Géraldine Blanchard, european specialist in veterinary and comparative nutrition (Dipl.ECVCN) and many other services to discover here
Tricks and Tip
A speech recognition function is available to fill in the fields of your visits or to enter the text of your reports
The referring veterinarian can access your software in restricted mode. He will be able to find all the referred cases that he has sent you there.
You will find below a presentation of this module in video
If you have mistakenly created 2 files for the same animal (owners with different names, animal with a nickname, etc.), several solutions are available to you:
- If the files do not yet contain information, you can simply archive them.
- If, on the opposite, they contain important data such as consultations, reports, etc. .. then it will be necessary to regroup all this in a single file.
This is called « Merge two records » and this video shows you how to do it.
You can apply discounts on a quote the same way you would do it in the invoice lines of a visit
During a visit, I can decide to create and schedule the sending of an SMS, email or phone reminder for a customer.
These reminders will, for example, remind a client to leave his animal fasting before surgery, to ask them to call to update them on their animal, or to contact the clinic a few days after an examination to know the results. external analyzes….
For vaccinations or product to be re-administered reminders, it will often be faster to program in your catalogs acts, procedures / products, automatic reminders associated with an act or a product (see the corresponding videos)
Each user can choose to show or hide any window, widgets, available on the Vetup home page. A veterinarian will thus be able to personalize his home page and decide not to display the « stock to restock » or « waiting room » window if he practices at home or while traveling.
You can add, in an order, the different product lines to order by successively scanning the bar codes of the corresponding products
The TEST button allows me to send a newsletter being created to a unique email address in order to see the results of it before its final sending to my customers.
It is possible to create a new customer from the customers list, the calendar when scheduling an appointment, or from the waiting room (when a customer who comes with his animal to the clinic for the very first time would also like to get a consultation at the same time)
It is possible, when scheduling an appointment for a new customer, to create directly his file from the calendar’s appointment booking page .
If an owner has to book several appointments for his animal, the duplicate function allows you not to have to re-enter the owner’s name for each appointment, as well as the animal’s one or the visit reason.
To unpack a product, I go to the product sheet by clicking on CATALOG / LIST OF PRODUCTS
Various actions are possible from an animal’s file or from a file containing an owner’s animals list: consultation of the various histories for one or more animals of this owner, change of owner, passage in the waiting room or in hospitalization…